Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"If Your from America, why are you so skinny?"

Did someone just seriously ask me that? On the obese note, they did just play a program last night titled "The 60 Stone Teenager" which was about the worlds largest(American) teenager. 60 stone is equivalent to over 800 pounds, and they didn't hesitate to inform us of the heavy statistics of America's situation. I often wonder why everyone here has such a bad view of Americans. Could it be, because they play the crappiest American movies ever on the t.v? No wonder they think all "Americans just want to shoot each other" Yup, I've gotten that one before too.

So, okay. It's one thing if we're unhealthy and homicidal, but don't knock our sports.

"Football is for babies, rugby is for real men" (Had to censor that) Well I voluntarily sat through a Rugby game (or a few minutes of it..) and it seriously didn't look THAT much harder. So what they don't wear helmets or protective gear? It might have something to do with the fact that all the men here are as tall and small as me. Hey I wouldn't need it either.

And you know, I just need to say something about their late night television. I don't watch tv very often but sometime around 2 AM it gets creepily quiet. So here comes the Jeremy Kyle Show, which is Jerry Springer on speed. He's quite scary actually. In one show they'll go through three different topics and guests. So that I get to hear "your brother is your real dad", "I don't remember sleeping with her" and "My mother got me hooked on drugs" all in one sitting. Joy.

And then there is the power monster that is Celebrity Big Brother. Which I swear is a show the entire country's population watches now that their beloved X-Factor is over. I think we had/have this in the states where they put people in a house and we get to watch them from every angle. Occasionally they'll do some challenge sort of thing. I'm not too sure. Any other time I'm sure its delightfully entertaining, but around 3, they have something called Celebrity Big Brother Live, where you can watch Verne Troyer (mini-me), Coolio, and Latoya Jackson sleep, and turn, sometimes snore, then wait for ittt! - turn again. Absolutely captivating stuff. really.

Done for now :) I get to come home to the east coast in < four months!!!!!! (This is me internally squealing) So I'll leave you with a video of Verne and a British person from CBB singing "Endless Love"

No comments: