Sunday, November 9, 2008

Let me enlighten you.

Heyy Guys!

Just wanted to give you a quick update on my life, or lack there of. School is finally picking up and I'm realizing now just how much work there is to do. Even though I only have one assignment per class, its the pain in the arse kind. Lots of researching, interviewing, observing, library-ing and the always interesting
math. Just when I thought I was done after econ & stats my finance class just might be the death of me. Outside of school, I think I have finally become somewhat comfortable with my life here and the friends I've become close with. I've got a new routine now that doesn't invlove Patriot's Village or "studying" in the JC! (miss you kids)

So far, the most interesting part of November was being overseas while the U.S election came to a close. It was complete mania. It was no secret that the UK was all for Obama. His picture was advertised everywhere; parks, tube stations, you couldn't take too many steps without seeing him. On the night of the election, BBC coverage had clearly chosen a side. Somehow they had found a way to give up 5 minutes of air time to talk about McCain and the rest of the night was an Obama frenzy. The "Obama projected to win" statement at the bottom of the screen was there all day, so they obviously had no doubts. Surprisingly, the brits were greatly engaged in the whole process & there were parties held all over London to celebrate. It was great that everyone was so excited about it but it also made me a little homesick. Especially with all the D.C snapshots and the news spent a few minutes talking about VA (virginia beach!!) and had live broadcasting from Culpeper (of all places..)

I'm really excited for this month to be over for December to start :) My absolute favvorite. November should fly by though (To Do List):
  • My friend I've known since middle school is coming up for the weekend (Nov.20)
  • This is my Arts month- I'm checkin out the Museum of London, National Portrait Gallery & Wimbledon Museum (YES! which reminds me I still need to do the application process for tickets, so if you want some tell me!) . I don't know if Buckingham Palace counts, but that and the Changing of the Guards to see if I can make them laugh.
  • I'll realize I have a crapload of work to do after severe amounts of procrastination.
  • Celebrate thanksgiving w. other Americans (finalllyy) & the U.S Ambassador here in London. (I totally want his job but for the Philippines)
  • Then going home to help cook (yiikes) and potentially burn the house down.
I hope everyone had a good Halloween! Oh and btw my birthday is coming uppp :) More details on that laterr.

**Just a few days ago, this earth lost an amazing person who will always be remembered in the most positive light. I think I can talk for the whole class of '06 when I say he will be greatly missed and forever loved. I can't wait to see you again and we're so doing a tennis re-match in Heaven.

2 comments:

JLeigh2015 said...

It's interesting to hear about our election overseas! It was pretty crazy here in the states. It was like Obama everything! Everyone pretty much figured he would win.
Thanks for writing and letting us know how you're doing. How is your mom doing? Does she like it over there?? I didn't know your sister had a cooking blog! I'ma have to keep an eye on that to get me some good ideas :)

AB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.