Thursday, September 18, 2008


The best part of this week have been the people I have met. I understand that this is London, and its all diverse and blah blah---But why is it, I have been here four days and out of all the people I've talked to, I have met like 3..three..III English people? I'm not complaining though, I love it :)

Yesterday, I had 2 of my 3 meals cooked for me. (Did I mention I love it?) and none of it was English! I had some traditional (Indian) chicken tikka, and my flatmate from Venezuela gave Maho and I a cooking lesson on arepadas. Thats right, rolll that R. I'm so glad people are realizing I'm not much of a cook. And I really love the look of surprise people give me when I tell them I have yet to buy a pot/pan set. Do they really not live off of McDonalds like I do? hmmm

In an attempt to brighten/decorate my room a bit I bought a pot of yellow roses..ahh how pretty they looked in the market; all sunny and open :) Anyone that knows me, knows that the green thumb wasn't one of those traits passed down to me. Unlike my sister, who has some electric-plant growing-light-and watering machine in her kitchen. As a result of my perectly tan thumb, my flowers today have gotten a shade darker, closed by a centimeter (if thats possible) and the leaves aren't even green anymore!! :( so much for my happy flowers.

Soo anyawys..It turns out London was calling my name afterall! ..Today we went by our "campus" which is a bunch of buildings spread out all over the city. Which is a nice change from a closed, very tree and squirell filled campus. Now it's just dirty streets, people, traffic and buses- and yes I like this :)
There are SO many eating places around the particular building where I'll have classes..I mean everything- Chinese take-away, Kebab, African, Jamaican, French..and some I don't even recognize! I can't wait to try everything! maybe I'll get fat here! hahaha..or maybe not.
Today we went to Nandos- a popular Portuguese restaurant- Had a veggie burger and chips (fries) with mango nectar- DEE-LISH

Here are some pictures of the "campus" aka "Buildings labeled LMU on the same street. "

1 comment:

JLeigh2015 said...

I think it helps a lot that you are open to different cultures and foods. They all sound yummy! Your flatmates/people you've met sound terrific AND they cook for you...what more do you need?!? Haha...keep posting stuff on the blog!