Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Groceries?? hahaha

Piccadilly Circus is famous! for what..well..I don't know..yet we have all heard of it in some way. Seeing it, I was in awe, yet confused at the same time. Piccadilly Circus is a collection of buildings that all look the same with the exception of one that is the host of the huge and famous neon sign; it's like that one in Times Square divided by 50. And here are some pictures of it :)




My mom is coming this weekend, and I can't wait! We will hopefully be doing some of the tourist-y things I have yet to do, because I've been too busy doing Londoner things. And lets touch on that, while we're here. I can't do it anymore! People here are ready to go out every second of every day, and its really taking a toll on me! (not to mention my wallet! lol) Someone told me this was the city that doesn't sleep. (It's scary how much they like to think this is NY) And it's ubelievable how everything is so different, yes we speak the same language, but I still have a hard time understanding it!
Some England knowledge for ya:

  • Instead of asking "How are you?" people say, "You alright?" or "You feel okay?"
I hate this, it makes me feel like I look like death or I seem depressed, when really they just want to know whats going on..

  • "Cheers!" I assuming this is another way of saying "thank you"..? I don't really know how to respond to this, so I just smile and nod. It usually comes at the end of a conversation which enables me to turn and walk away, very fast.

  • The Words I love to hate (and pretty self-explainable): rubbish, bloody, mate, malarkey, crikey, arse (instead of ass..it so bothers me)
~
I'd just like to add that I miss everyone terribly! I really appreciate all the skype conversations I've had with family and friends and I hope this year goes by very quickly so I can go home and see some fabulous people. I miss you, and you know who you are.



2 comments:

JLeigh2015 said...

ha..whats up with that old looking car in the first picture? It looks like you went back in time or something! When do classes start again for you? You gotta let us know how those go!

Anonymous said...

ah i miss you so much! I haven't had the nerve to delete your phone numbers yet, pathetic right?
What does Malarkey mean???