Monday, September 8, 2008

Made It Out Alive

Hello All!
Just writing this to let everyone know that I am here. As soon as we got to the London Heathrow Airport, a carrier took us straight to our hotel in Alconbury (2 hours outside of London)

I wish I had some cool pictures to show but we were on a highway the entire time and since we were on the outskirts of the city it was all farms and trees, cows and everything boring. UGH

I really hope London will be different. I have to stay here a week until I go. If it is anything like this place, I am SO coming home ASAP.

Top things I first noticed about England

1. English people like to list things about their country. (literally)
2. "There are 2 types of weather- wet and wetter"
3. It is F'ing Freezing!! (59 degrees F)If this is summer, HOW will I survive winter.
4. Apparently there are a lot of spiders because of the rain or some crap. (Can I get a plane ticket home now?)
5. Alconbury AFB is the smallest base ever.
6. Whatever you think England looks like (from movies or wherever) your probably exactly right.

I can't wait until this week is over and I can move into my flat in London. I'm hoping it will be 20 times better. I miss my family and friends. And more than anything I want to come home.

1 comment:

JLeigh2015 said...

Hey! I hope it gets better for you. I've heard that London is amazing. My theater professor studied their for her Ph.D. and she said that London is the place to be to see all the culture..theater..music...art. I hope you will go see all those things and really experience this moment in your life. You are really lucky to be able to go and do something like this. It may not feel like it now...but you are very lucky. Keep updating and keep your chin up!