Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Lied! I'm posting..

For the first time in 3 days, I ventured off my little base, and what an adventure it was! We finally got our 40 miles per gallon rental car (below) A Vauxhall Astra, obviously not American- and Rodney nearly killed us 20 times driving today. -And can I just mention how crazy it is driving on the left side!-Their highways are kinda like L.A's; fast,crazy and crowded. Exactly why I won't be driving in the next 2 years here.

..On to why I went out in the first place, We went house hunting! what funn! It's unfortunate for the english though that most of their houses are so..err...different. (beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all) The majority are so old and even the new ones are meant to look like traditional english houses. You won't see any modern American style houses here (a la california?)
Having said that, I can appreciate a 1920's british styled house like this one we saw today:


My mom hates it though and thinks it's haunted. (I can see that too..can you?)Oh and another thing here, the english LOVE their gardens (I can't imagine why, when there is no good weather to spend any time in it) but this one had a hugee one-complete w. apple and pear trees. It was like a scene from The Secret Garden.




This one is my mom's favorite, which you can't actually see though because its covered by bushes and the garage. It's a bit newer than the first one and is very private. No one can see the front once you close that gate, and it goes all the way around the back to the garden.

I think this is what the more modern ones look like, which is nice too, but I figure if your going to live in England why not live in an Old English house and really get the feel of it!




So we only saw 3 today because the tours took quite a long time and I think we have 3 more tomorrow. I'll end this with some scenery of whats around me! (OH yeah..NOTHING)











Now that I see them, they actually all look the same. sorry about that guys! haha

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, are those rice fields?

JLeigh2015 said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the city!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i like the first one too! but not if it's haunted...
and those last three pictures cracked me up

Swills said...

Lmao. I can see why you're losing your mind with that scenery.. I would be too. I can't wait to see the pictures of your dorm and hear all about you classes! I need to get paid from Broadside so I can buy my ticket already.

I also need to be home more often so I can Skype with you! Miss you, love you!

Anonymous said...

Free website builder services encounter in miscellaneous styles and templates.
You should be able to utter a website builder with your webhost as any dependable visitors compel be subjected to one or more.
These websites can take care of everything that is needful for edifice a website.
Free website builder have made the job of structure a website easier and less complicated. Even the most noviciate computer user can now promptly and without a hitch increase a site.
Why requite a mean obstinate thousands of dollars when you can with dispatch and undoubtedly build a adept entanglement situate on your own?
Using a [url=http://www.jkahosting.com] free website builder [/url], you contain the gain and the service better of edifice a seasoned website wanton and easy as can be it is tranquillity looks masterful and works as if you paid someone thousands to do so for you.
Some nice features with a freed webiste builder cover pull and down control, gadgets, decoative fonts, shopping carts, and seo help.
A good locality builder should be experiencing all of the above. If you cannot raise a website and do not be to comic 'round with html code than it is importantly recommended that you press into service a website builder.